Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer (Multiple roles available)
We are looking for several experienced data centre engineers to work on a key client account in Farnborough, Hants and Corsham, Wiltshire. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with the necessary skills built over a number of years working within critical data centre environments. Ability to work to processes and excellent attention to detail are a must.
The candidate will ideally be security cleared, but if not, they must be willing to go through the clearance process.
The Candidate will have:
- Experience of working with Remedy, ServiceNow or similar ticketing systems to manage workflows
- Knowledge and experience of working with complex patching schedules and installing network patching to a very high aesthetic standard
- Knowledge of full Data Centre environment including MDFs / ODFs and Telco Carriers
- Experience in fault finding and troubleshooting connectivity issues in live DC environments
- Knowledge and experience of Fluke DTX/DSX 5000 testers or similar for both fibre and Copper Testing
- Experience in completing large equipment and connectivity audits
- Experience installing cabinets/frames, PDU’s and power leads
- Good communication skills
- Excellent self and time management skills
- Computer literate using MS Word, MS Excel and other MS Office applications
Who we are?
Since inception in 1988, Data Techniques has grown in size and strength to become one of the UK’s most successful IT infrastructure businesses. Our clients are some of the world’s largest blue-chip organisations that span across a range of markets in Data Centre, Defence, Finance, Technology, central Government and Education sectors. Whilst we’re predominately UK based, we also regularly deliver client solutions throughout Europe and beyond.
What we do
As the demand for new technology rises at an expediential rate, so does the demand for faster, more reliable, and secure networks. The work we do provides critical infrastructure for some of the most important systems in the world. We help keep the banks going, the defence industry running smoothly, not to mention we’re heavily involved in Hawk-eye for the premier league, just to name a few!
In a nutshell we work with our clients to help make people’s lives easier through the power of connectivity.
Our team of amazing talented professionals provide high-quality network cabling, electrical, managed services and mobility solutions. We’re proud of our culture, and you’ll be joining a diverse bunch of like-minded people and working in our positive and aspirational environment.
If you think you have what it takes to join Data Techniques, please apply now by sending in your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with Data Centre Engineer Farnborough or Corsham in the subject depending on your preferred location.
If you’re shortlisted, you’ll have a two-stage interview where you’ll meet our operation leaders, either virtually or face-to-face.
The successful candidate will start working with us as soon as possible.