Health & Safety
The Directors of Data Techniques recognise and accept in full their responsibilities and duties, so far as is reasonably practicable, for the Health, Safety and Welfare of employees, subcontractors, clients and the public at large, who may come into contact with the company’s services. The Directors further recognise duties to comply with current legislation and regulatory requirements relating to Health and Safety at Work and commit to a policy of continual improvement.
Where applicable this duty will be extended to include requirements necessary for compliance with H & S legislation in European countries outside of the UK i.e. within the EU, EFTA and the European Microstates.
The objective of the Company’s Policy and Health & Safety Management System is to prevent, during the course of works, or duties being undertaken, any occurrence which may directly or indirectly result in:
- Injury or occupational ill-health to any person.
- Damage to or loss of any plant, equipment, property, materials or products.
- Adverse impact upon the environment.
The Company aims to provide and maintain, for its employees ‘while at work’ and for those who may come into contact with its operations, a safe and healthy environment.
This shall be carried out by ensuring:
- The setting and reviewing of objectives and the effective communication of this policy throughout the organisation, including subcontractors.
- Consultation with our employees on matters which may affect their health and safety.
- Safe systems of work with suitable and sufficient risk assessments and control measures of risks identified for the operations carried out by the company and the working environments.
- An audit programme is implemented and that key indicators are measured and monitored.
- Plant and equipment provided is maintained in a safe and effective condition.
- All employees are competent to carry out their designated tasks and safely use the equipment required for those tasks.
- Suitable and sufficient training, instruction, information and supervision is provided.
- Information and instruction is provided in a clear and concise form.
- Subcontractors are adequately briefed and competent to carry out the duties and tasks or which they are engaged.
- Working conditions are safe and healthy.
- Substances are handled and used in a safe manner.
- Suitable and sufficient Personal Protective Equipment for the tasks required is provided.
- Accidents and illness related to work tasks or environment are prevented.
- Employees are aware of their duties and responsibilities to take reasonable care of their own and others health and safety.
- New opportunities for continual improvement are sought, implemented and developed and that policies are fully integrated into the company’s operational procedures and decisions.
- At minimum, annual reviews of this policy with prompt revision as needed to comply with legislation and business development.
All staff and subcontractors shall be fully briefed on this policy and its attendant procedures.
Chief Executive Officer