Environment & Sustainability
It is the policy of Data Techniques to establish and maintain an effective programme of Environmental & Sustainability Processes based on the requirements of the standard ISO 14001, as part of the Business Management System (BMS).
Sustainability is defined as the integration of social, economic and environmental aspects into the business of Data Techniques and the interactions with its stakeholders.
Our BMS programme will increase resistance to threats and provide a robust capability to respond should threats be realised. This will safeguard the interests of key stakeholders (clients and staff) by protecting the company reputation, brand and value creating activities.
We will meet the legislative requirements of the markets and sectors of our operations and operate to best practice in sustainability, including Ethical Trading and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our objectives are to:
- Communicate this policy and objectives throughout the organisation, setting annual objectives and targets for measuring its effectiveness.
- Understand our responsibilities, liabilities and limitations in terms of sustainability.
- Review this policy on an annual basis to ensure it is still in line with business objectives.
- Integrate sustainability policies into investment decisions, staff performance reviews, supplier selection and operational activities.
- Implement audit programmes that checks and monitors our processes
- Protect the environment through the prevention of pollution and mitigating our environmental impacts through the implementation of robust processes and procedures.
- Reduce our impact on the environment and stakeholders by responsible planning, procurement, and by operating to the waste hierarchy.
- Ensure that our environmental standards remain consistently high via certification to ISO 14001 and recognition of the importance of environmental best practise.
- Provide documented Environmental Processes that reflect our commitment and a framework for our staff to work within.
- Review our business objectives to identify opportunities for continual improvement.
- Measure, monitor and analyse our BMS to provide effective and measurable data.
- Ensure both understanding of this policy and the expectation to develop and maintain an ethos of continual improvement within all areas of responsibility.
The directors are committed to:
- Demonstrate commitment to Sustainability by the provision of appropriate budget and resources to meet the business environmental, social and economic objectives.
- Communicate this policy to all staff.
- Ensure that our staff are “Sustainability knowledgeable” by providing appropriate education, training, skills transference and work experience.
- Ensure that our suppliers are informed of our policy relating to their provision requirements.
Chief Executive Officer