Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility is defined as the integration of social and environmental concerns into the business of Data Techniques and the interactions with its stakeholders. At Data Techniques we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service, from first contact through acceptance and beyond.
This policy relates to the entire organisation and all aspects of service provision, therefore its implementation is the responsibility of everyone within the organisation.
The Company recognises its responsibilities and is committed to improving the environmental, social and economic sustainability of its business operations and processes.
Company procedures and approach to business arising from this policy are applied by all employees through their work activities, as well as across the company’s suppliers and subcontractors.
The Company aims to constantly improve its corporate social responsibility based upon:
- The health, safety and welfare of all who may be affected by its work activities;
- Training and development of all its employees;
- Environmental and waste management performance;
- Improving community relations;
- Charitable and socially responsible activities both within and outside the work environment.
To achieve these aims the Company will endeavour to:
- Commit to ongoing continued improvement of business policies, practices and strategies that impact and/or result in productive, positive outcomes;
- Implement and monitor the Health and Safety and Environment & Sustainability Policy Statements in line with current legislation and continuously improve such systems through the establishment of objectives and targets;
- Prevent pollution; increase energy efficiency; reduce water consumption, waste and greenhouse gas emission and increase recycling in line with current legislation;
- Encourage suppliers and sub-contractors to adopt good socially responsible practices;
- Communicate these requirements to employees and ensure adequate training is provided;
- Maintain commitment to equal opportunities in employment;
- Develop the Company’s support for charitable activities undertaken by its employees;
- Foster and develop relations with local communities;
- Ensure adequate resources are available to implement the requirements of this policy
- Review and update this policy annually
My role, as Chief Executive Officer, is to provide the necessary communication, focus and support to ensure the above aims are met and expand the company’s position as a leading sector supplier.
Chief Executive Officer